Every installation is required to adopt proper safety measures which can avoid or restrict number of accidents. There are many ways and methods which can be adopted to effectively establish a sound Occupational Health and Safety system in place.
The objectives of Electrical Safety Audit are:-
- Electrical hazards identification and their assessment.
- Implementing preventive measures for the same.
- Review of electrical preventive maintenance ongoing programs
- Compliance to the statutory requirement.
- Examining safety procedures in maintenance and operation.
- Scrutinizing the program to eliminate electrical fires.
SCOPE OF THE AUDIT:
- Physical inspection of the plant
- Review of protection devices and adequacy of Cable,Motors and Drives with respect to current measurements
- Checking earthing system.
- Examination of plant lightning protection system as per recommended standards.
- Transformer oil , IR and Earth resistance tests
- Review of past electrical accidents and RCA.
- Electrical Audit safety report along with Recommendation.