BEE has recently notified that all Designated Consumers will have to submit Energy Returns for the period 2005-06 to 2009-10 in the notified format. Perform Achieve and Trade (PAT) is an integral part of NMEEE. Energy Conservation Act 2001 has specified which users are to be considered Designated Consumers in the first step.
Other consumers will be added in due course as per the proviso of EC Act 2001. Designated Consumers account for 25% of the national gross domestic product (GDP) and about 45% of commercial energy use in India. There are issues and terms which still appear as French to many of DCs. Here we have made an effort to simplify some of the common terms used in Energy Efficiency.
- PAT: Perform Achieve and Trade.
- DC: Designated Consumers
- ESCerts: Energy Savings Certificates
- EM and EA: Energy Manager and Energy Auditor
- ESCO: Energy Service Companies.
- NMEEE: National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency
- MTEE: Market Transformation for Energy Efficiency.
- EEFP: Energy Efficiency Financing Platform
- FEEED: Framework for energy efficient economic development
- MTOE: Million Tonnes of oil Equivalent
- EESL: Energy Efficiency Service Ltd.
SEC: Specific Energy Consumption