Amazon’s Kindle DX is really big. With 9.7″ screen size, wireless Kindle DX is sure to make waves. But price of $489 may hurt a bit. No doubt the Kindle DX has a screen size which is nearly two and half times the screen size of a Kindle and offers wonderful reading experience. Market for e-book readers have of late been growing quite fast. The space is presently dominated by Amazon with Sony’s e book reader with Google association lagging behind. There are many pluses which this Kindle DX offers:-
- Screen size : 9.7″ display.
- Memory storage: 3500 books.
- Read to me: Text to speech reader offers a read newspapers, magazines and blogs.
- In built PDF reader: Kindle DX has in built PDF reader which can read all your PDF documents without any hassles.
- Wireless: 3G network can help download books in 60 secs
- Books under 60 secs: One can get any books within 60 secs without the help of PCs
- Long battery Life: Kindle DX has long battery life
- Collection: Amazon’s Kindle DX has collection of 275000 books some of which are best sellers available at comparatively low prices.
Kindle DX is definitely going to hurt publishing industry but that should not be a cause of worry as a it would help in making this world a better place to live. Amazon is reportedly tieing up with many text book publishers like Addison-Wesley, Wiley Higher Education, Longman & Prentice Hall. This would help Amazon promote its Kindle DX extensively in the schools and colleges.The product is interesting and has tremendous potential. At present price of $489 seems a bit prohibitive. Amazon will have to work around a bit and find a way to offer better deals in association with other players who whose interests may get seamlessly integrated with Amazon. Buying Kindle DX just for reading PDF documents may not be a better proposition. But there will be lots of guys who just love reading books For them Kindle DX is an amazing gadget.